In this episode I get to interview one of the leading Lean/SixSigma Consultants and discuss one of the easiest ways for small businesses to improve efficiency: Tim P. Wood! That's right, you can use this little acronym (Tim P. Wood) to remember the 8 wastes that kill efficiency, productivity, and profits in any sized organization.
- Transportation (movement of parts or equipment or goods)
- Inventory (excess amounts – more than we need)
- Motion (non-ergonomic, searching, etc.)
- People’s talents and Minds (not engaging the workers who know the business processes)
- Waiting (also known as standing around or being held up by another bad process!)
- Over-Producing (making more than is required or needed)
- Over-Processing (doing more work than is necessary)
- Defects (anything not done right the first time)
Download a PDF about the 8 wastes that Jeff Cole provided
Use this exercise to engage workers and challenge them to go around the business and document examples of the 8 wastes.
Find Jeff and his information by visiting www.lsscert.com.